HTTPMASTER RELEASE HISTORY
Version 4.0 (June 2018)
- Support for obtaining authorization code and access token from external authentication providers.
- Specify pre-execution and post-execution action for request item.
- Improvements with request item status code validation.
- Ability to stop execution batch on validation failure.
- Application setting for auto-indenting text in request data field.
- Additional execution options available in the main window.
- HttpMaster now requires .NET 4.6 or later for improved user experience on high-dpi displays.
- HttpMaster documentation available online.
- Plenty of minor improvements and fixes.
Version 3.9.6 (April 2018)
- Set active global URL or active global query string in basic request window.
- 'Insert GUID' command supported with actions button.
- Minor UI improvements and various fixes.
Version 3.9.5 (March 2018)
- Improvements with entering request body (select pretty viewer, automatic indent, etc.).
- Improved display of sent and received cookies in 'Cookies' tab.
- Ability to rewrite received cookie domain when resending it.
- Various UI improvements.
Version 3.9.4 (January 2018)
- Ability to manage list of recent project files and recent execution data files.
- Additional http options supported in basic request window.
- Action to quickly insert standard http header in request headers field.
- Various UI improvements.
Version 3.9.3 (December 2017)
- Advanced options (match case, whole word, wrap around) available when searching execution data.
- Ability to open request body data in a separate window for enhanced editing.
- New action button in request item properties for quick access to execution actions.
- Support for creating XML body from Swagger data.
Version 3.9.2 (November 2017)
- Create new HttpMaster project by importing Swagger (Open API) data.
- Minor UI improvements.
Version 3.9.1 (September 2017)
- Significantly improved input field for specifying request body.
- Menu options for pretty formatting XML or JSON request body.
- Support for relative Windows paths when uploading or reading disk files.
- Ability to extract multiple parameter values with regular expression from disk file.
- Various minor improvements and fixes.
Version 3.9 (July 2017)
- HttpMaster is now dpi-aware application; user interface is automatically adapted for high DPI displays.
- Revamped icons for better user experience and improved high DPI rendering.
- Option to specify URL encoding behavior on each defined parameter/chaining.
- Support for executing request items from the particular execution group in command line interface.
- Various bug fixes and minor improvements.
Version 3.8.1 (June 2017)
- Menu options to execute request items without storing execution data (pure execution).
- Ability to select output content type (XML, JSON, etc.) when building request data for posting.
- Change timeout value in basic request window.
- Various UI and feature improvements.
Version 3.8 (April 2017)
- Improved functionality for building request body for posting data.
- Ability to specify initial value for parameters with manually provided value.
- Option to stop execution if data for the chaining cannot be obtained or is empty.
- Option to stop execution if validation of request item fails.
- Duplicate selected execution group.
- Ability to compact XML/JSON when exporting execution results.
- Various fixes and minor improvements.
Version 3.7 (January 2017)
- Support for conditional execution of request items in the execution group.
- New parameter type that prompts user for the value before the execution.
- Support for code folding (outlining) and line numbers in pretty data viewers.
- New pretty viewer for displaying CSS data.
- Simplified action to open additional request items inside basic request window.
- Open all items from selected execution group in basic request window.
- Ability to specify description for every project request item.
Version 3.6 (November 2016)
- Introduction of new viewers for pretty response data display powered by ScintillaNET.
- New pretty viewer for display of HTML response data.
- Export execution results to XML or JSON file (also supported with command line interface).
- Ability to apply function to generated or obtained parameter value.
- Specify multiple values for global URL or query string for easier switching between these global values.
- Improved application options window with couple of new settings.
- Advanced request item properties now also available in Express Edition.
Version 3.5.1 (October 2016)
- Advanced configuration of request headers now also available in Express Edition.
- Display group membership info for particular request item.
- Buttons to quickly add default success/error status codes to the selected project validation.
- Various fixes and minor improvements.
Version 3.5 (September 2016)
- New validation type to check for number of string occurrences in a response body.
- Global chaining support; obtain chaining data only once and use it as a global value for all subsequent requests.
- New parameter type to obtain string value from a disk file.
- Simplified UI for project parameter management.
- 'Field actions' button now supports converting selected text with desired hash algorithm.
- Change font size and type for request and response data display.
- Change order of execution groups with drag and drop.
- Hide particular column in the main window and ability to reset main window column sizes.
- Menu option to select all items in the main window and execution window.
- Building request body from an existing HTML contents now available in Express Edition.
Version 3.4 (June 2016)
- Support for execution groups.
- Ability to specify and store authentication credentials in project properties.
- 'Manage Execution Credentials' menu option available in the main application window.
- Option 'Validate each value line separately' supported for all applicable text validation types.
- Option 'Validate each line as regular expression' available for all validation types that support separate lines.
- Full authentication support now available in Express edition.
- Manage execution order with drag & drop now available in Express Edition.
- Cookie improvements (correct handling of 'Cookie' header).
Version 3.3 (April 2016)
- New validation type to validate response body with XPath or JSONPath expression.
- New chaining type to extract value from the response body with XPath or JSONPath expression.
- Ability to apply function to the obtained chaining value.
- Support for any http method (verb).
- Improved status code validation type with the ability to specify custom status code.
- Option to upload selected file as Base64 string.
- Improved welcome window.
- Search functionality now included in Express Edition.
Version 3.2 (February 2016)
- Wizard for user-friendly construction of commands for command line interface.
- Support for validations in basic request window.
- Ability to use encrypted passwords in command line interface.
- Advanced project request settings now available in Express Edition.
- Toolbar and keyboard support in 'Manage execution order' window.
- Menu option to reload project file from disk.
- Application setting to display warning message if project from the previous HttpMaster version is opened.
- Column widths in main window are now preserved between application restarts.
- Ability to uninstall license key.
Version 3.1 (December 2015)
- Display a list of request items that use particular parameter, validation, or chaining.
- Menu option to display and reopen recently opened execution files (hmex files).
- Ability to specify which received cookies should be sent with the next request.
- Option to validate each row value separately for particular project validation.
- Option to exclude particular request item when executing selected or all items.
- Application setting to support international (non-ASCII) domain names.
- Content type 'application/soap+xml' displayed with XML viewer by default.
- Option to display and insert valid logical operators in validation expression.
- 'Copy URL' and 'Open in browser' actions from execution data toolbar now available in Express Edition.
Version 3.0 (September 2015)
- Support for request chaining (use data from previous request with the next request).
- Command line interface to automate HttpMaster project execution.
- Save complete execution data to external file (hmex extension).
- Open saved hmex files, including those created with command line interface.
- Include/exclude request item from command line execution.
- Support for TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 security protocols.
- Menu option to apply changes to multiple project request items simultaneously.
- Pause/resume execution of items now available in Express Edition.
- Open only successful/failed item executions now available in Express Edition.
- Toggle visibility of upper/lower pane in execution window now available in Express Edition.
- 'How to' section available in HttpMaster help.
Version 2.7.1 (July 2015)
- Support for context menu in execution window with the most common actions available.
- Project option to skip certificate validation.
- Ability to open project item as basic request now available in Express Edition (main window support only).
- Various minor UI fixes and improvements.
Version 2.7 (May 2015)
- Support for upload type 'multipart form data'.
- Ability to use parameters with request headers.
- Option to switch to 'Text view' when entering validation expressions.
- Ability to align execution order values with the current sort order.
- Support for 'file' input type when building request body from HTML.
- 'Available actions' buttons now supported in Express Edition.
- Support for 'Text Viewer' when viewing response data.
- Application setting to specify disk location for temporary execution data.
- Ability to reset saved sizes and positions for all application windows.
Version 2.6.1 (April 2015)
- UI improvements and fixes regarding high-dpi displays.
Version 2.6 (March 2015)
- Option to specify fixed execution order index for each request item.
- Authentication support in basic request window.
- Ability to manage authentication data in execution window separately from the project authentication data settings.
- Create PDF report with execution data in basic request window.
- Create PDF report with execution data for single execution in execution window.
- Toggle visibility of execution list pane and execution data pane in execution window.
- Toggle visibility of request data pane and execution data pane in basic request window.
- Option to send data in segments added to basic request window.
- Project setting to specify time delay for the first request in execution batch.
- Application setting to specify default execution order type.
- Option to select non-default response data viewer now available in Express Edition.
Version 2.5 (December 2014)
- Basic request feature for quick execution of simple internet requests now included in Express Edition.
- Ability to validate response body with regular expression.
- Option to specify time delay between two consecutive requests.
- Introduction of 'Welcome window' for quick access to the most common HttpMaster actions.
- Ability to open multiple request items as basic request.
- New validation type 'Response body is valid XML'.
- New validation type 'Response body is valid JSON'.
- 'Match case' option with 'Response header value' validation and 'Response URL value' validation.
- Ability to close selected tab with double click.
- Option to clear list of recent projects.
Version 2.4 (September 2014)
- Significantly improved automatic building of request body from an existing HTML content - see 'Features' for more information.
- Ability to export execution data to Adobe Portable Document Format (pdf).
- Option to open particular request item as basic request.
- Ability to simultaneously open execution data view of multiple executed items.
- Improved drag and drop of request items in execution window.
- Request data encoding information available in execution data view.
- Correct handling of JPEG orientation metadata in response viewer.
Version 2.3 (June 2014)
- Ability to specify proxy data, including authentication.
- New validation type to validate response URL value.
- Option to specify http headers inside request item to override global project headers.
- Support for http protocol version and request encoding in basic internet request.
- Ability to open completed execution as basic request.
- New look of http status code validation type and ability to reset http status codes to default.
- 'Available actions' button next to the http header field in basic request window.
- Application setting to automatically word wrap text in execution window.
- 'Word wrap' menu option added to context menu available in execution window.
- Double-click project file name in status bar to open its location in Windows Explorer.
Version 2.2 (February 2014)
- Option to upload disk files in request item (includes parameter support and ability to browse file system for specific file).
- Ability to specify which project http headers should be included with particular request item.
- Support for PATCH http method.
- Option to obtain HTML content from disk file when automatically creating request body.
- New validation type to validate response http header value.
- Ability to upload disk files with basic request.
- Ability to specify http headers with basic request.
- Setting to check for updates at application startup.
- Comma-separated failed executions displayed in execution window ('Most recent error' column).
- Several minor UX improvements.
Version 2.1 (November 2013)
- Support for HTML 5 input types when automatically creating request body from existing HTML content.
- Support for gif images in response viewer.
- Ability to specify custom decimal symbol and custom digit grouping symbol with numeric parameters.
- New validation type to validate response body size.
- New validation type to validate request duration.
- 'Associated actions' button for various input fields.
- Ability to clear previous search phrases in execution result toolbar.
- Last used parameter automatically selected when project is opened.
- Last used validation automatically selected when project is opened.
- 'Rename parameter' button.
- 'Rename validation' button.
- 'Rename request item' menu.
- 'Copy URL to Clipboard' menu.
Version 2.0 (September 2013)
- Introduction of Professional Edition.
- Advanced support for validation of response data.
- Support for authenticated internet requests.
- Ability to build request body from an existing HTML content and automatically create parameters.
- URL encode/decode utility.
- Project wizard for creating new projects.
- Option to disable monitoring and storage of request/response data for faster execution.
- Ability to pause and resume execution of request items.
- Search for particular phrase in execution data.
- View response body with a custom response viewer.
- View only successful/failed executions in execution window.
- Export response body to an external file and optionally open it with an associated application.
- Execute request URL in default web browser.
- Copy request URL to clipboard.
- Include/exclude project headers for the particular request item.
- Exclude particular request item from authentication.
- Include response cookies received with the previous request with the current request.
- Enable/disable URL encoding of parameter values for particular request item or use project setting value.
- Duplicate selected request tab in basic request window.
- Improved parameters toolbar in project properties (highlight unused parameters, delete unused parameters).
- Number of successful/failed executions in execution window.
- 'Copy' and 'Select All' contextual menus in execution results.
Version 1.2 (July 2013)
- Images (JPEG, PNG) supported in 'Response viewer'.
- JSON supported in 'Response viewer'.
- Additional encodings supported (us-ascii, GB2312, Shift-JIS).
- Option to automatically open last opened project when HttpMaster starts (available in application settings).
- Option to ignore timeout value with basic internet request.
- Splitter location in execution window remembered while HttpMaster is opened.
- Close context menu now also available on 'Request items' tab (ability to close other tabs).
- Additional keyboard shortcuts (duplicate item, duplicate parameter, close project).
Version 1.1 (May 2013)
- View response cookies with execution results.
- Rename request item directly in the list of request items.
- 'Window' menu implemented in main window for faster switching between opened request items.
- Reorder tabs (via drag and drop) in main window, execution window, and basic request window.
- Change execution order of request items in execution window via drag and drop.
- Time values included in columns 'Create date' and 'Change date' in the main window.
- Recently selected project properties tab remembered while the project is opened.
- Status bar displays disk location of the currently opened project.
- When naming parameter it is no longer mandatory to start its name with 'dp' prefix.
- Automatically connect new parameters with request item properties (search for parameter name inside request item properties).
- Additional keyboard shortcuts (open request item with Enter key, 'Save Project As' menu option).
- List of parameters in project properties is now sorted alphabetically.
- Improved descriptions of URL type options (request item properties).
- Relaxed validation of request item URL to enable more sophisticated use of parameters.
- Sample project available (can be obtained via 'Download Sample Project' menu option or here).
- 'Send Feedback' menu option.
Version 1.0 (April 2013)