Web Application Development And Testing
HttpMaster is a web development and test tool, with special focus on REST web services and REST API applications.
- Web API Test Tool to automate testing of web API calls.
- Web Service Test Tool, especially as REST tester for RESTful web services.
- Http Test Tool to simulate client activity for a website or web application.
HttpMaster has a slick and easy to use interface, small and compact installation package and does not require any programming knowledge or other advanced technical skills.
Web API Testing
Main HttpMaster focus is integration testing of web API applications. Excellent support for API testing includes the following:
- Several http methods (GET, POST, DELETE, etc.) for complete testing of REST API endpoints.
- Dynamic parameters of various data types to create batches of different API requests.
- Various validation types and advanced validation expressions.
REST Web Services Testing
HttpMaster also excels as web service testing tool, especially for REST web service testing. REST developers and testers will appreciate these features for RESTful testing:
- Support for the most common REST methods.
- Validation of output data for popular REST formats, including XML, JSON, and HTML.
- Friendly viewers for REST response data.
Although the primary objective of HttpMaster is API & REST testing, it can be easily applied for testing of other web application types, for example, website HTML forms. HttpMaster offers some unique features in this area:
- Post request data of various content types (including 'multipart/form-data') and validate responses on duration, data size, and more.
- Extract HTML form tags from an existing HTML content and automatically build request body for posting.
- Automatically create dynamic parameters for HTML tags with multiple options (for example, SELECT tag) to simulate every possible variation of input data.
Http Traffic Generator
With its support for dynamic parameters and a number of different customization options to fine-tune web requests, HttpMaster can be used as universal http test tool. To generate high number of various web requests, HttpMaster provides the following core features:
- Dynamic parameters to execute multiple requests against the same internet resource, but with some minor difference (for example, different values of particular query string parameter).
- A number of customization options to fine-tune internet requests, for example, custom http headers, various request encodings, URL encoding of parameters, and more.
- Ability to start multiple HttpMaster instances with the same project and execute them simultaneously to stress test web service or website.