Web Application Development And Testing
HttpMaster is a web development and test tool, with special focus on web services and API applications.
- Web API Test Tool for development and testing of web API calls.
- Web Service Test Tool, especially as REST tester for RESTful web services.
- Website Test Tool primarily focused on HTML form testing.
- Http Test Tool to simulate client activity for any type of web application.
Web API Testing
Main HttpMaster focus is integration testing of web API applications. Excellent support for API testing includes:
- Flexible request chaining to combine multiple API calls in execution batches of connected requests (e.g. POST followed by GET).
- Wide selection of validation types and the ability to create advanced expressions for response data validation.
- Dynamic parameters to simulate variations of input data or to create global values for reuse across multiple API calls.
Web Services Testing
HttpMaster also excels as web service testing tool, especially for REST web service testing. REST developers and testers will appreciate these features for RESTful testing:
- Support for the most common REST methods, for example, GET, POST, DELETE, and more.
- Validation of output data for popular REST formats, including XML, JSON, and HTML.
- Friendly viewers for REST response data.
Although the primary objective of HttpMaster is API & REST testing, it can be easily applied for testing of other web application types, for example, website HTML forms. HttpMaster offers some unique features in this area:
- Post data of various content types (including 'multipart/form-data') and validate responses on duration, data size, and more.
- Extract HTML elements from an existing HTML content and automatically build request body for posting.
- Automatically create dynamic parameters for HTML tags with multiple options to simulate every possible variation of input data.
General Http Testing
With its support for a number of different customization options, HttpMaster can be used as a universal http test tool. To generate high number of web requests, HttpMaster provides the following core features:
- Number of customization options to fine-tune requests, for example, http headers, URL encoding of parameters, and more.
- Ability to start multiple HttpMaster instances and execute the same project simultaneously to stress test web service or website.
- Command line interface to automate execution of HttpMaster projects.